Thursday, August 6, 2009

HERstory...


I want to dedicate these next couple of weeks or months to researching my HERstory and where I come from. My nationality is something that my family has always embraced, but I need to know more. I consider myself to be a bi-racial Latina. My mother is from Chile (appears white) and my dad is from Dominican Republic (appears black). Their histories are totally opposite, yet I have managed to embrace both sides and wear my flags with pride. From what I have read, Dominicans are descendants and relatives to Slaves from Africa as well as Haitian (right next door). I believe that we all originate form th motherland, but I want to get specific. As far as my Chilean side I have acquired from family members who are older that are roots lie in Italy and Germany (explains my mother's side of the family's appearance). So I am very intrigued to see what runs through my blood to pump this culture of mine...I feel a piece coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment