Sunday, June 7, 2009

another working progress ...just the skeleton ....

The day she picked me up from school was the first time I experienced heartbreak in a million pieces, and my sanity in more
I became colorblind, All I could see was damaged rainbow begging for unicorns to exist and tears begging for this day to just be a dream
Hoping that I lost my sight at that moment
It was worse than the I took a blade to the thigh
Hurt more than than the ill thoughts that kept me alive
It was worse than playing house with papi and my older brother
Worse than her drug use
Worse than being homeless
It was the day she picked me up from school
While I was taking my test, he was testing the pain tolerance of her thick skin
Equating the number of times it would take for blood to seem out
And my test was on times tables so I knew that 1 face X 2 hands =2 bodies
3 punches x one cheek = 3 times the pain
1 man x 1 hand x 1 cheeks still = 1
and we all know the first time is really the 10th so why didn't she leave at 1
She was beaten, while i was listening to beats and writing poetry at lunch
When I saw her at 3'0 clock my insides ripped apart
the sky was falling and I wanted was not to breath
My heart was gutted and ripped and gutted and ripped and gutted and ripped ....
I have never laid eyes on woman do helpless
or shall I say an animal so helpless cause I never saw her a woman after that
plus she was beaten like one, like a little Bitch, except silent
and silence spoke poems, read pain, and illustrated a piece of shit
I have never rested my visuals on an animal so helpless
at 11 years young I witnessed a lifetime
She cuffed her palm over her cheek as if blanking a baby bird in it's nest
so gentle and soft
Her vulnerability was pathetic because I used to see her as my warrior
Her blood red lips are as vivid today as strawberries
but her speech impedement from the force
punched tears our my eyes
So when i think of pain I don't think of adolescent heartbreak
I think of my mother
Those thoughts stay on mental layaway, I have yet to buy them out

2 comments:

  1. no one is fuckin wit you right now. dont stop here, steal the fuckin show. the light is on you right now so shine dammit! Keep up the good motherfuckin work.

    ReplyDelete