Monday, June 8, 2009

I don't know...

....Have our voices seeping through the cracks of city sidewalks while
illuminating street lights for crosswalks, cause they listen
So step let’s step off this stoop walk into pure bliss
Where poetry is the official language, impress me with similes from your lips
And metaphors from your touch
You’re like blank page to me; I want to carve my poems on you like they do on tree trunks
As we climb our towering minds together, we’ll l be the envy of family trees
Never looking down because this love has taken us to heights before
And our hands have been parachutes catching our fears
I want us to periodically rename stars and
I would call this love intergalactic but stars eventually burn out
And I want a fire that will put hell‘s to shame,
So we shoot our consciousness and beings in and out of existence because people like us don’t exist anymore
Intellectual minds like ours have fallen on deaf ears, that's why we're unheard of
......
Lay down, as I please your thoughts with my hands
each passing finger reading the encrypted brail of your skin
encoding a message only a blind poet can read
unveiling a purity only a sinful poet can taint
Committing every artistic sin like leaving a piece of paper blank, mastering the art of Kamasutra Soothing your senses senseless until it leaves us breathless and the thought of me is forget-less

No comments:

Post a Comment